I was home in Miami last week for Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful dinner and a great weekend. And I made most of our dinner; Brendan made green beans. Here’s are the items I made:
- Turkey brined, rubbed with coriander, oregano, and lemon peel, and stuff with lemons, limes, and oranges
- Grilled sweet potato with a lime-cilantro vinaigrette
- Orange and lemon peel sweet potato casserole
- Orange and lemon peel pumpkin pie topped with Grand Marnier whipped and garnished with candied orange peel
- Cranberry relish, stuffing, and carrots from Fresh Market
I spent a day and a half cooking, making a visual mess, but an olfactory wonderfulness, of the kitchen. And it was fun, too! Thanks to my VP at work, Ted, and www.food.com for the recipes. Oh yeah, and the pie was made from a real pumpkin. The kind from a vine, not a can.
2 thoughts on “Thanksgiving dinner”
damn that guy is swole
fancy!! many talents :)! you’re way ahead of me!!